Thursday, June 13, 2013

Heroes and Villains



Recalling my favorite books, I've discovered a disturbing thing about myself but I'm just about certain, I'm not alone. For me,  great villains make a great read.  While writing I often struggle with inventing flawed heroes--wanting them to be at once likable yet ruthless. Or I wrestle with villains that are not all bad; who present a bit of humanity and reason along the way. These guys are fun to create and get to know. There's no shortage of flawed heroes and remarkable villains in Mersoon Rising. Some of my all-time favorite villains and flawed heroes appear in: Sardonyx Net by Elizabeth Lynn (Only book of a few I've reread); a series starting with An Exchange of Hostages by Susan R. Matthews; Summer Queen by Joan Vinge; James Lee Burke's books set in, LA; and the Gap Series by Stephen R. Donaldson.

No comments:

Post a Comment